Piermont Public Library Board of Trustees Meeting
Minutes of August 6, 2019 (Draft)
Present: Trustees Helga Mueller, Joyce Tompkins, Nancy Sandell, Polly Marvin, Kristi Medill, Karla Strickland and Stephanie Gordon
The board meeting was called to order at 7:02 PM by Helga Mueller
1. Minutes of July 2, 2019, Trustee’s Meeting (Approved: Motion: Nancy, 2ndJoyce)
2. Bookkeepers Report: Liz Bayne
- The bookkeeper’s report for July was presented to the Board. Nancy wondered what the $146.28 listed in the “unbudgeted” line was spent on. Joyce will check with Liz and let the Board know. Nancy also wondered about the procedure for purchasing memorial books for the Jean Daley Bookshelf. Joyce will clarify that with Liz and Margaret. (Accepted: Motion Kristi, 2ndKarla)
3. Treasurer’s Report: (Joyce Tompkins)
- Joyce gave the monthly treasurer’s report for July. She corrected some discrepancies from previous months. The balance is healthy. The Evergreen fee has increased. The lawyer has been paid for work to date. (Accepted: Motion Helga, 2ndNancy)
- Lawyer Quinn Colgan sent a copy of the Draft Petition for Cy Pres to the Board for review and discussion. The Board members read over the draft, discussed it and made suggestions for changes. Stephanie will type up the revisions and send them to the Board. When the Board approves, she will contact Mr. Colgan with the changes.
4. Librarian’s Report: (Margaret Ladd)
- There was no librarian’s report this month.
- Joyce purchased the ice cream certificates to go to Summer Reading Program participants.
- The Board approved the replacement of the sink pulling away from the wall with a pedestal sink.
5. Policies and Procedures Updates More to come
August 11 - Stephanie
August 18 - Helga
August 25 - Kristi
September 1 - Joyce
7. New Programs:
· Music in My Pockets, on Oct 11, at the school, will be presented by Jeff Warner.
· Other possible programs are an extension program or a local presentation by Larry Coffin
8. Art in the Library
- July/August: Judith Lerner
- Sept/Oct: Mel Gitchel photos
- Nov/Dec: Ben Gitchel
9. Old business
- Nancy gave an update on improvements to the Library. Nancy talked about repainting the building. It is too big and complicated a project for volunteers. Nancy and Peter have power washed the front of the building and are starting to scrape and sand. The bulletin board will be painted and Nancy and Peter have purchased the necessary items to refurbish the book drop box. A representative from the Grafton County Prisoner Work Program will come to see if the Library would be a good project for prisoners to paint. The work couldn’t be done until next year. Nancy and Peter will be scraping on Friday and Saturday morning from 9 to noon or so. Helpers are appreciated.
10. New business
- There was no new business.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 PM. (Motion: Kristi, 2ndPolly
Secretary, Library Board of Trustees