Present: Trustees Helga Mueller, Joyce Tompkins, Nancy Sandell, Polly Marvin, Stephanie Gordon and Librarian Margaret Ladd
The board meeting was called to order at 7:02 PM by Helga Mueller
1.Minutes of June 4, 2019, Trustee’s Meeting. Approved (Motion: Joyce, 2ndPolly)
2. Bookkeepers Report: Liz Bayne
- Liz presented the bookkeeper’s report for June to the Board. (Accepted with gratitude: Motion Polly, 2ndJoyce)
3. Treasurer’s Report: (Joyce)
- Joyce gave the monthly treasurer’s report for June. There are some adjustments that need to be made. (Accepted: Motion Nancy, 2ndJoyce)
- The Town Draw was received in June.
- Quinn Colgan sent a copy of the Draft Petition for Cy Pres to the Board for review and discussion. The Board members will read over the draft and discuss this at the next meeting. Helga will inform Mr. Colgan.
4. Librarian’s Report
- Margaret reported the June circulation figures.
- There are 26 readers in the Summer Reading Program. Margaret asked the Board to purchase certificates for ice cream to give to participants.
- Lights in children’s room have been repaired and new alarms installed.
- Eleanor Kohlsaat wrote an article in the Valley News about Lesley Butman, the library May/June artist. Margaret sent her a mug rug as a thank you.
- The Jean Daley Memorial Book Program and Shelf are now in operation. Thanks to Jim for setting it up. Margaret told the Board the titles of books she has ordered for the shelf.
- New paintings by Judith Lerner are on display for July and August.
5. Policies and Procedures Updates
· More to come
July 7 - Jim
July 14 - Stephanie
July 21 - Nancy
July 28 - Helga
August 4 - Joyce
7. New Programs:
· Music in My Pockets, on Oct 11, at the school will be presented by Jeff Warner.
· Other possible programs are an extension program or a local presentation by Larry Coffin
8. Art in the Library
- July/August: Judith Lerner
- Sept/Oct: Mel Gitchel photos
- Nov/Dec: Ben Gitchel
9. Old business
- Nancy gave an update on improvements to the front porch: refurbishing of a bulletin board, and book drop. Funds will come from “donations”. Nancy talked about repainting the bulletin board and the drop box. The bench will be left as it is because of its historic significance and long tenure at the Library.
- The selectmen will start work on town building upkeep this spring, and are looking for volunteers help. Nancy will check to see if prisoners from the County might help.
- Kristi has the disposal of surplus books remaining after the book sale well under way.
- The Selectmen have asked for access to the library, in case of emergency. The Board has no objection. A suggestion was made that the Selectmen enter through the door that connects the Library to the Town Clerk’s Office, and that they be given the alarm access code.
- Cruising New Hampshire’s History – A Guide to NH Roadside History Markers, a presentation by Michael Bruno, was held on Thursday, June 27, 2019 @ 7 PM and was excellent. About 20 people attended.
10. New business: There was no new business.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 PM. (Motion: Polly, 2ndJoyce)
Secretary, Library Board of Trustees